Green Neighbor Festival
About this event :
Held at Culler Lake in Baker Park, with “green” vendors, local foods, and activities promoting sustainable living practices and businesses in Frederick County, Md. This year (2019) activities are also being planned on the Hood College campus for the entire week leading up to the Festival.
Outreach Events: April 30-May 2 at Hood College Campus
Festival Day: May 4, 2019 10am – 4 pm at Culler Lake Park, Frederick, MD
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Details listed in menus below
- April 30: Expert Panel Discussion: “Current & Future Health of the Monocacy”, 7PM, Hodson Auditorium in Rosenstock Building
- May 1: Frederick Green Policy Forum, 6:30PM, Rosenstock Hall
- Frederick Green Drinks Networking, prior to the Forum, 5:30PM
- May 2: Green Job/Career Fair, 2-5 PM, Whitaker Building. (Businesses interested in participating contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 2: Free movie! “March of the Penguins”, 8PM, Campus Outdoor Theater
- May 4: GREEN NEIGHBOR FESTIVAL at Culler Lake, Baker Park
- Sustainability Bike Ride, 9 am. Bring your own bike and helmet. Meet at the info tent.
- Bird and Wildlife Display by Scales and Tales – MD-DNR
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle Display
- Food Trucks
- Music Tent
- “Green” Vendors
- Bluegill releases to the lake
- Family-friend Activity Tent
- Select items accepted for Recycling (see details below)
Your host : Linda
Linda is founder of Green Frederick and has been working in sustainability since 1990 when the took the helm of the Frederick County Recycling Office. Since then she has also been a communications and writing consultant on sustainability, and communications director for the US Composting Council.