Green Neighbor Festival!!!
About this event :
The Green Neighbor Committee is once again hosting the Green Neighbor Festival, on Saturday May 12, 2018. The goal of the event is to promote sustainable living practices, environmentally friendly activities, and local green businesses in Frederick County. Last year’s event attracted nearly 1000 attendees and we anticipate more this year.
Event organizers are expanding the day’s activities and entertainment to include:
• live acoustic music sponsored and coordinated by Frederick Acoustic Music Enterprise (FAME).
• a sustainability bike-ride around Frederick hosted by The City of Frederick,
• local “green” and environmentally sustainable-minded vendors,
• collection of hard-to-recycle items by our vendors (see the list of accepted items),
• family-friendly activity area hosted by Frederick County Office of Sustainability and Environmental Resources (OSER),
• Green Neighbor Environmental Tips on sustainable living to conserve natural resources and save money!
• electric & hybrid vehicle displays
• stream cleanup,
• bluegill fish release,
• food truck area
The festival will again be situated around Culler Lake, in Baker Park, Frederick, MD, close to the Hood College campus, and will occur from 10 am – 4 pm. Additional activities are being planned before and after festival hours and the schedule of events will be announced closer to the event date.
GreenFrederick.org will be updating their Green Neighbor Business Directory this spring to be release just in time for the Green Neighbor Festival.
Qualifications for inclusion:
Green businesses adopt principles, policies and practices that improve the quality of life for their customers, employees, communities, and the planet. The companies and organizations listed in the Green Business Directory are sustainability leaders.
To be listed, the following criteria must be met, in the judgment of the Green Neighbor Festival Committee:
- Green businesses are socially and environmentally responsible in their communities. This can be demonstrated by service activities and donations; mission statement; and employee testimonials.
- Green businesses either supply products/services that are green or conduct business in a way that puts sustainability first in the way they perform their business; and do not make environmental claims unless they can be proven.
Click Here to apply your business for a Green Business Directory Listing
Follow CCWS on Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date on developing Green Neighbor Festival activities
The Green Neighbor Festival is supported by:
The Green Neighbor Committee consists of and is supported by Hood College Center for Coastal and Watershed Studies, Friends of Baker Park, the Frederick County Office of Sustainability and Environmental Resources, The City of Frederick, and GreenFrederick.org.
Your host : Linda
Linda is founder of Green Frederick and has been working in sustainability since 1990 when the took the helm of the Frederick County Recycling Office. Since then she has also been a communications and writing consultant on sustainability, and communications director for the US Composting Council.